This online HEOR training course focuses on how healthcare decision makers compare and choose among the available therapeutic options. The course provides orientation to practical understanding in the pharmaco-economic evaluations. Learn how to manage each step of the Pharmacoeconomics carried out effectively. Further, the course provides extensive training on pharmacoeconomic modeling which is key for healthcare decision making. Fourthly, training includes exclusive hands-on training on real life evidence (RWE). Lastly, this online training helps you to understand the practical simulation on calculation of the QALY, ICER, WTP, ATP, Discounting, etc. which are key for analyzing the pharmacoeconomic outcome.
This HEOR training course is designed to challenge students to apply what they have learned through the use of interactive exercises, reflection questions. Hence this training provides real life requirement for drug development and commercialization.
The course can be completed at any pace, allowing the user to stop and start at their leisure.
- Course Code: RYD-108
- Course Title: Advanced Certification in Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Types of Learning: Online Self Paced Learning
- Duration: 1 Month
- Course Certificate: Course certificate will be issued at the end of the course.
1 Year Executive Program in Pharma Global Management course covers HEOR topics along with the other important strategic management topics.
- Orientation to job related practical aspects for the HEOR professionals.
- Course provides simulation to real life working in HEOR department. Hence, it help to enhance the HEOR decision making process.
- Moreover course provides hands on training on pharmacoeconomic modeling. How the pharmacoeconomic calculations are carried out.
- Above all, the course provides access to Case Studies to learn about the HEOR.
Who should attend this course?
- Those who are in working in drug discovery and development, and working on the commercialization of the pharmaceuticals.
- Professionals working in health care settings including payer organizations, health insurance industry, government, the life sciences, pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
- Health care providers interested in health economics and outcomes research.
- Professionals working within Health Technology Assessment or reimbursement organizations and other areas where allocation of resources and decisions for coverage and access are relevant.
- Fresher or beginners, Those who want to make a career in pharmacoeconomic or in HEOR department.
Few of the similar courses
- Pharma Market Access
- Global Pharma Management
- International Drug Regulatory Affairs
- US Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs
- Drug Registration and Regulation in China
- Drug Discovery and Development to Commercialization
- European Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Drug Registration and Regulation in GCC countries
- UAE Drug Regulation and Registration
Key Topics covered in the HEOR training course
The course is broken down into various lecture sessions:
- Introduction to Health Economics | Key terminologies related to health economics.
- HEOR Application in Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Industry.
- Introduction to Pharmacoeconomics | Different Types of Economic Evaluation | Cost-effectiveness plane | Economic modeling |Sensitivity Analysis | One way sensitivity analysis | Probabilistic sensitivity analysis.
- Economic Evaluation Methods | Various methods | Importance of perspective in health economics | Discounting | Uncertainty.
- Core fundamentals of Health Economics | Clinical and economic burden | Public Health Care Payer Vs. Patient and Societal | Positioning a new treatment with the current treatment | QALY | ICER | Threshold value | Clinical trials vs health economics assessment.
- Pharmacoeconomic Evaluation Checklist | Health Economics Map | Economic evaluation cycle | Checklist of economic evaluation | Costs and Outcome relevant to different groups | Comparators | Problem of choosing the comparators.
- Pharmacoeconomic Evaluation – Resource and Cost | Fixed, Variable and Total Cost | Calculation | Average vs. marginal cost | Importance of marginal cost | Discounting | Discounting calculation | Preferable discounting rate | Sources of unit cost data | Reference costs.
- Pharmacoeconomic Evaluation – Benefits and Outcome | C/E Ratio | Intermediate Vs. Final Outcome | Sources of Effectiveness Data | QALY | Utility Weight | WTP | VPF | ATP | Difference between WTP & ATP.
- CER and PCOR.
- Evidence Based Decision Making | Real World Evidence