Who should attend
About New Drug
This New Drug Approval short orientation training provides fundamental understanding of regulation and approval of the novel innovator pharmaceuticals. The course briefs how the new drugs are discovered and developed and commercialized.
New novel innovator molecule development is not a easy task. Drug development is a lengthy, complex, and costly process. It has a high degree of uncertainty that a drug will actually succeed. Regulatory, Business Development, Sales Management or even business development managers should have fundamental understanding of the new drug development process.
In this online self-paced modules, participant will be understanding about the new drug development to commercialization process in detail. The course provide valuable insight on stages of drug discovery and development, investigational new drug application, new drug application, handling of different phases of clinical trials.
Course Code: KPE-C-063
Course Title: Fundamental Training in New Drug Approval
Online micro learning course. So, course can be accessed online across anywhere 24×7.
Duration: 3 Days
Any body who wants to acquire detailed understanding on new drug approval pathway, should attend the course.
Any body who wants to acquire competency regarding new drug development process, should attend the course.
Who should attend this course?
- This course is ideal for those who requires fundamental understanding on the drug discovery, development to commercialization process for new innovator drugs.
- Fresher/Beginners, Those who want to make a career in drug regulatory department.
Certificate will be provided at the end of the successful completion of the course
- This course provides orientation to new drug development process. Hence, ideal for those who want to start a career in pharmaceutical industry.
- The course briefs step by step process for registering new drug.
- Moreover, course also provide clear cut understanding of the clinical trials which new drugs has to undergo effectively.
- Advance training on drug registration requirements for various regulatory bodies.
Few of the similar courses
A new drug is a medication or therapy that has not been used before in clinical practice to treat a disease or condition. A new drug that is marketed must first obtain approval from the regulatory body. Submission of new drug approval request is called as New Drug Application.
How a New Drug Gets Approved?
The process of getting a new drug to market involves certain logical steps. In this course we will be understanding how these logical steps are performed in pharmaceutical companies.
- Development of a new drug molecule.
- Animal tests for toxicity, to ensure the compound is safe for humans
- Investigational New Drug (IND) application to the NDA
- Clinical Trials
- Phase 1 clinical trials or studies, where the emphasis is on the drug’s safety and side effects
- Phase 2 clinical trials, where the focus is on the proposed drug’s effectiveness
- Phase 3 clinical trials, which are very large, multi-stage trials that gather more information about the drug’s safety and effectiveness
- New Drug Application (NDA) to the FDA, which is a comprehensive document containing all the above information
- NDA review by the FDA
- Drug labeling review and facility inspection by the FDA
- Drug approval (or rejection) by the FDA
About regulatory affairs job>> Learn here