29 Apr 2019
Business development manager should have certain responsibilities. It varies from company to company or even the products / services handling in pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical business.
- Establish goals and objectives of the sales group to support the overall practice vision.
- Involving in inlicesing and outlicensing of the newer and innovative molecules / biomolecules.
- Develop deal metrics that help monitor, control and drive company deal valuations.
- Manage opportunities from identification to close to acquire new clients.
- Create new acquisition pipelines within existing client network.
- Develop relationships with buyers at decision-making levels with new and existing clients.
- Create and maintain business relationships within industries. Support company leadership in managing and expanding its relationship network.
- Develop and sustain company relationships through market-facing activities such as active engagement in relevant industry organizations, professional associations and conferences.
- Grow awareness of the XYZ brand and its services with existing and new relationships through meetings, presentations, business networking and business social events.
- Maintain opportunities, customer network and other relevant CRM information in the company CRM tool.
- Stay aware of current and longer term market trends and apply deep understanding of relevant industries to help shape sales and business development strategies.