What skills required for FMCG Brand Manager?
When it comes to FMCG brand manager, certainly there are quite a number of skills what FMCG brand managers should have. Therefore, let us divide the skill requirements. There are two the skills into two major class. First, major skillset. And second one is associated skill area. As we move ahead, let us discuss both the skill area in detail.
Major Skills Area
For functioning as FMCG brand manager, it is important that professional should have the good working knowledge about the FMCG industry. Hence, a person who is having a fundamental understanding how the fast moving consumer goods market, will be rated high. However, it is not mandatory always that a person who is having FMCG experience only can join in FMCG branding department. But it is important that those who want to make career in fmcg brand management department, should develop the fmcg market understanding.
Here are the few knowledge area what they should have
- Classification of Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- ISIC classification
- Understanding the basis of classification
- FMCG concepts, characteristic
- Significance of each class of fmcg products
- SMCG and FMCG conceptual differences
- FMCG Segment each class of product
- FMCG competitor dynamics
- Retail store classification | Product-Patronage Matrix – Other practical concepts regarding retail store management.
Other associated skill area
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Comfort with CRM software
- In-depth understanding of the company’s current products and future concepts
- A willingness to listen
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.